SHF 2017 - The Ties that Bind
Visit two historical places of worship – Hong San See on Mohammed Sultan Road and Sri Thendayuthapani Temple on Tank Road – and gain a deeper understanding of how they instilled a sense of belonging amongst the early immigrants of Singapore. Learn more about the communities – the Hokkiens and the Chettiars – that built these houses of worship, how these monuments met both spiritual and social needs of the communities, and how they have also functioned as “community centres” over the years.
Monuments covered: Hong San See & Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
Note: Participants will be required to climb steps at Hong San See.
Starting point: Foot of Hong San See (29 Mohamed Sultan Rd - carpark)
Ending point: Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event where you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. - unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.